Are you a Store Manager, Operations Manager, Trading Manager, Deputy Manager or Assistant Manager looking for your next step? Are you a dynamic leader ready to take your retail career to the next level? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment and have a track record of driving exceptional store standards and sales growth? Well, look no further…
We have a great opportunity to join one of our store teams in the Walsall Area as a Store Manager!
About the Role
We’re hiring Store Managers across the UK, and we want you to be our next leader. You’ll run your store like it’s your own business, overseeing all aspects of your store’s operations from stock to recruitment. You’ll have the freedom to think for yourself, using your commercial knowledge to maximise sales opportunities in your store.
We don’t have office managers at B&M – our Store Managers are out there on the floor with their team, leading and inspiring them to ensure they reach their full potential.
We love allowing our people to grow, and the sky’s the limit for our Store Managers. We remain committed to developing our team and providing opportunities to everyone at all levels. In fact, over 75% of our retail managers are home grown, so career development comes as standard! Our commitment to internal succession is something we’re extremely proud of.
This is a full time & permanent position.
At B&M, we’re not just any retailer. We’re one of the fastest-growing in the UK, with over 720 stores and an exciting plan for new openings in 2024. Joining us means being a part of an extraordinary journey. But it’s not just our rapid expansion that sets us apart; it’s our unwavering commitment to our people. Our growth is huge and is showing no signs of slowing down… and you could play a key part in it!
What We Offer:
- Competitive Package: Enjoy a competitive salary with a rewarding annual bonus potential
- Clear Career Path: We offer job stability and a clear path for career progression. At B&M, your growth matters
- Training and Development: Benefit from extensive on-the-job training and internal development opportunities.
- Discounts: Take advantage of a 10% store discount across all our stores (including Heron), with regular double discount events
- Annual Leave: Receive up to 33 days of annual leave
- Pension Plan: Participate in our contributable pension scheme.
- Exclusive Benefits: Access exclusive colleague benefits, including discounts for retailers, hospitality, and more
- Wellbeing Support: Our Employee Assistant Programme provides wellbeing support & guidance to all B&M colleagues
To Be Successful, You Will:
- Be an Engaging Leader: Lead your store with passion, setting the pace, and showcasing exceptional customer service & commerciality
- Embrace Pace: You’ll have current or previous experience of managing a fast-paced, high turnover retail store & leading medium to large teams
- Achieve Excellence: Drive sales growth, maintain exceptional store standards, and consistently exceed KPIs – and have a proven track record of doing this before
- Develop a Winning Team: You’ll love developing your team – working with them to identify and nurture talent & train them to achieve success!
- Welcome Challenges: Be hands-on and resilient – no 2 days are the same and being adaptable and reactive is key
- Love Retail: Demonstrate a true passion for retail, bringing your commercial knowledge to your team & store
- Be Flexible: To work a range of hours, including weekends & bank holidays
Experience within an FMCG/big box environment is desirable, but not essential. If you feel you’ve got the people, organisational and commercial skills to successfully run your own B&M store, we want to hear from you!
Do you think this sounds like the ideal role for you? And are you ready to ‘Be More’ in your career? Don’t miss out – apply today and become part of the B&M success story!
Our roles fill up fast, so seize this opportunity now.