File Handler Assistant - Litigated Credit Hire Team
Keoghs are seeking a detail orientated and organised File Handler Assistant to join our team. This position will play a key role in supporting our claims department.
To take responsibility for elements of file handling, to adhere to strategies and undertake tasks under the guidance of the lead File Handler which will assist in facilitating the settlement of cases and the closure of files within agreed SLA’s.
Salary discussed & disclosed on application, hybrid working 1 day per week in office remainder remote working, Health Care Cash Plan, Holidays 25 days plus 8 bank holidays (opportunity to buy & sell 3 days) increasing to 26 after 5 years’ service and to 27 after 10 years’ service, Death In Service - after 1 year, Employer Pension Contribution, Cycle to Work Scheme, Tech Scheme, Season Ticket Loan*, Gym Flex
- Acknowledging instructions, initially liaising with client’s, Court and parties.
- Drafting appropriate Court documentation.
- Filing appropriate documentation at Court and serving upon any third parties where applicable.
- Liaise with the Insured and witnesses with a view to drafting witness statements.
- To undertake negotiations with the Claimants solicitors to achieve a rapid and appropriate settlement.
- Obtain additional information and/or documentation from the insurer client and/or third parties to progress the negotiations.
- Follow up on outstanding instructions and other actions to ensure that responses are received within required timescales.
- Obtaining additional information and/or documentation as required from parties.
- To provide general assistance and ad hoc duties to support the lead File Handlers as and when required.
- To ensure all case management and matter information is inputted on to the system in a timely and accurate manner to ensure completeness of records and to ensure accurate reporting of information to our clients.
- To ensure compliance with the SRA Code of Conduct
35 hours per week
Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm with 1 unpaid hour for lunch.
Primary location for this role is Bolton. This is a hybrid role working 1 day in the office and 4 days from home.
Essential Skills and Attributes:
- Some experience of working within a legal environment or alternatively holds an appropriate qualification.
- Experience of negotiating with and influencing 3rd parties to obtain information.
- Strong organisational skills, together with the ability to prioritise their workload.
- Able to effectively work to set deadlines.
- Demonstrable experience of;
o Following a semi-prescribed programme of work
o Dealing with calls and enquiries from customers, suppliers and/or the public.
o Gathering and recording information.
- IT Literate:
o Proficient in MS Office (notably Excel, Word and Outlook)
o Experience of using a Claims/Case Management system.
- Proficient in the use of alpha numerical filing systems
- GCSE grade A-C in Maths and English
- Adhere to the Keoghs Values
Our culture is focussed on making Keoghs sustainable and successful for our people and clients, with this our five values are at the heart of everything we do;
We are connected
We are dynamic
We are innovative
We succeed together