Job Title: PA to Director of Homes and Communities
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £25,735.47 (£27,036.46 is achieved after 12 months successful performance in the role)
Working Hours: Full Time 35 hours
Working Pattern: Monday to Friday
Location: Speke, Liverpool (Hybrid)
For your application to be considered please attach a current CV and cover letter.
Applications may close before the deadline, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
At Riverside, we’re a housing association with a difference – enhancing the everyday for all our customers. For 90 years, we’ve been revitalising neighbourhoods and supporting communities by providing the homes they need to live full, fulfilling and rewarding lives.
We have a portfolio of over 75,000 affordable residential and retirement homes across the UK. Our work ranges from homelessness services to social care, employment support to retirement living, and we need the best people on board to help us.
Working with us, you’ll enjoy:
- Competitive pay & generous pension
- 28 days holidays plus bank holidays
- Flexible working options available
- Investment in your learning, personal development and technology
- A wide range of benefits
The difference you will make as the PA to the Director of Homes and Communities.
You will provide high level support to the Director of Homes & Communities with the co-ordination of meetings, activities, communications and events to achieve effective and efficient management of the service. You will provide extended support to the Homes & Communities Senior Management Team as required. Finally, you will role model Our Riverside Way values, and work closely with other teams to ensure that services meet our aspirations, and that our customers trust us to deliver on our commitments.
We are looking for someone who is confident in liaising with all levels of management with excellent written and verbal communication skills. You will have a proven track record being a Personal Assistant and a keen eye for detail for problem solving.
- Scheduling of meetings as directed, including collation and distribution of notes, actions and agendas.
- Develop a calendar of events for the directorate, ensuring all key governance and strategic stakeholder meetings are captured; and including all key submission dates are programmed in.
- Prioritise large workloads to ensure deadlines are achieved and information is accurate.
- Communication with a variety of stakeholders, both internal and external on behalf of the Director of Homes & Communities, whilst supporting with business relationship management.
- Ensure organisational records are maintained and stored securely in line with data protection policy and procedures; utilising SharePoint to promote collaboration and easy access.
- Provide personal assistance and secretarial services to the Director of Homes & Communities.
- Co-ordination of communications to respond to internal and external requests, including customer and stakeholder enquiries and escalated complaints.
- Planning and co-ordination of key business events as directed, including invitations to colleagues, external partners and stakeholders.
- Co-ordinate production of key reports to meet business deadlines, including (but not limited to) performance reporting, Committee/Governance reports and partnership updates.
- Preparation of PowerPoint presentations as instructed.
- Co-ordinate updates from business leads on annual delivery plans and organisational objectives.
- Monitor compliance with key business requirements across the directorate including colleague safety, DBS renewal, learning & development, incidents and accidents etc, reporting trends to the Senior Management Team.
- Co-ordinate monthly reviews of the staffing establishment back to budget and highlight any anomalies to the Director of Homes & Communities.
- Work in a structured and organised way that looks beyond your immediate area of responsibility with an awareness of the needs of colleagues and the wider service.
- Work flexibly and collaboratively with other colleagues and partners to ensure delivery of an excellent and seamless service.
- The role will require some travel and a flexible approach to working hours.
- Demonstrable commitment to the Riverside Values.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with all levels of management as well as colleagues and customers.
- Effective stakeholder management, both internally and external to the organisation.
- Proven track record of successfully solving difficult problems.
- Excellent team player who can work flexibly to meet business requirements.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to work under pressure, deliver to strict deadlines and manage conflicting priorities.
- Proficient use of a range of IT packages including Microsoft Office.
- Evidence of continued professional development.
- Excellent PowerPoint skills
- Previous Personal Assistant experience at Director level